Friday, October 15, 2010

processing...


Vow : An earnest promise to perform a specified act or behave in a certain manner. One by which a person is bound to act.

The planning leading up to ones wedding day involves tremendous excitement, stress, anxiety and exceptional stomach cramps combined with nausea. For some people this planing takes years, months or perhaps one drunk night in a bar, in some delusional state, convinced that “this is the one”
In my case, it was more a case of being young, ignorant, pregnant and in love. Nevertheless. My planning did consist of all the above emotions, and many more, as I was pregnant, due to hormones, which meant we were left with fewer cupcakes on our wedding day...

Thinking back, it all happened so quickly. I compare it to a flash of lightning. You only really see and feel the after shock, but the light disappears almost instantly. Its called an atmospheric discharge of electricity, accompanied by thunder. Apparently there is still some debate as to how exactly lightning is initially formed.  The "irrational" fear of lightning is called astraphobia.  

In my views, thats what marriage is like...wind, humidity, friction and atmospheric pressure

No one tells you the obvious. The obvious being – Its not about the wedding, its about the marriage there after. People put so much effort into this day, even though there is a whole life time together there after. This life time together gets taken for granted. Who can actually really be prepared for this?
Especially the drunk couple at the bar who had a good one night stand...or not so good..
Are we really this pressured by society to rush into a life long commitment this fast? Are we scared that we might not find someone again? Are we settling for the next best thing? Do we actually believe in soul mates? Are our biological clocks ticking to fast? Do we have to much pressure from society or family?

Especially woman. We tend to settle more so often for useless men. We are so happy with breadcrumbs. Moldy ones. I often hear my friends saying, “Aah, Larry is actually such a good guy, he is spending the evening with me” Meanwhile he has been absent for a good two weeks to a month. Why are we satisfied with so little? Do we have such little self respect? I see woman all the time, and I am guilty of this as well, trying to just be so “perfect” for their significant other, while the significant other does absolutely nil, nix, nada.

I have been separated for 7 months now, and I am currently in the process of a divorce. A very long, drawn out divorce if I might ad. Lawyers line up, like hungry wolves outside my door.
In retrospect I should have studied law.
No one can really gear you up for what lies ahead. Your divorce will probably cost you more than your wedding.
Dress : R20 000, One hour in high court : R30 000.
Ring : R20 000, Advocate in order to appear in high court : R90 000.
What makes it worse is that my ex husband is a doctor, so of course, more so than other males, he knows it all. (I am laughing in my head while writing this) He knows absolutely everything. They are the healers of the world, in other words; hero's. People look up to them. Children look up at them. Mothers look up at them to safe their childs life. They are the epitome of God's gift to the world. Or not...

While they are out there saving lives, their own families are home, in dire need of some saving themselves. - I mean how needy.
But, what needs more care,
a) A baby on life support
b) A mother, with two kids, under the age of 4, alone at home?

Obviously the right answer would be - a) A baby on life support! Obviously. Right?

So, here we are, in one of lives little predicaments once again. So, what will it be, Rock, paper or scissors?

No comments:

Post a Comment